Friday, December 20, 2013

My First Trade With My First Blog: Another Saintsational Trade Post

John from My First Blog is running a contest for who can send him the most Braves cards that he needs.  This tactic is remarkably effective as everybody has reams of Braves, right?  I saw it as an opportunity put some extra cardboard where it may be appreciated.  In exchange John sent me a big, hairy man-stack of Saints cards and a couple of Griffeys.  Not bad....

I can't show you ALL the cards he sent, but here's a quick look at some of the standouts:


You knew what this was.  You hear it every time you watch a prime time Saints game.  Drew Brees is the savior of the damn city and all that.  Well, yeah, it's true.  We love him more than red beans and rice, and we love red beans and rice.  He'll never pay for another drink in this town for as long as he lives.


I pulled at least one of all the main guys from the Superbowl victory.  No Tracy Porter, but I'm proud to say I caught beads from him at the big Victory Parade a few years back.  It was negative 200 degrees out there, but every Saints fan for 200 miles made it out.  It was the farthest I've ever walked after parking a car, and there's a two-mile track at the park we like to go to.

Thanks a ton, John!  I'll keep my eyes peeled for more Braves hits to send you.

And sorry to get all New Orleans-y on everybody.  I have no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment