Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cavalcade of Keepers 5


Time for some more gems from the Keeper Box.


I love Josh Gibson cards.  This one is particularly nice with Josh glowing eerily in the foreground and an amazing stadium backdrop.  Something must have been tweaked to make him appear as in-focus as he is because the background is nowhere near that clear.  This guy should be a household name.


While I'm not an active collector of Mr. Larkin's cards, I have no excuse not to be.  He's a class act and has a ton of amazing cardboard out there.  This one from Topps Gallery shows him hovering in mid-air in the midst of turning a double play.  Just a great photo from a consistently photogenic player.

Note: I have two extras if anyone needs one.  First dibs to the known Reds collectors, but I'd be surprised if you guys don't already have this one.


There are two things I love when it comes to cards: Topps Gallery, and Stadium backgrounds.  Here's both.  Eric looks ten feet tall.


Javy is giving it his all in this Ultra offering, and really it could not have been framed better.  Oh, and it's a Tatooine card.  Who is it that collects those?  I've been setting them aside and have no idea who to send them to.  Anyway, go, J-Lo!


I have a bunch of Rickey Henderson cards featuring him sliding into one base or another (they were popping up everywhere in the 90's as he approached Brock's record), but this is by far my favorite.  He's cool and collected here, suspended in air as he slams into third.  I know it's subtle, but the ump watching him from the background makes this card.  Rickey did his part, too, I guess.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. It's a bird! It's a plane! It's … Rickey Henderson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Tino M. in that picture. I want to know what you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry Larkin is in my official PC list (I swear, check my blog), so I'll gladly take that Larkin off your hands. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to call dibs on the Larkin - I don't think I have that one somehow!

    ReplyDelete