1990 UD always seemed a little plain to me. It’s certainly the plainest Upper Deck set that included a white border. Maybe a slightly fancier font for the player name would have dressed it up and made the set more memorable.
Who doesn't like Bubblicious? Or possibly Hubba Bubba. I'd have to smell it to be sure.
|You crazy, girl. You crazy.|
- Alvin Davis is trying to spell Jim Lefebvre’s name and failing spectacularly.
- They are playing Lasagna by “Weird Al” Yankovic over the stadium loudspeakers.
- Jay Buhner and Tino Martinez are quoting scenes from Ghost Dad.
- The M’s are mocking new guy Randy Johnson’s mullet.
- Omar Vizquel is making heat boobies with his Hypercolor t-shirt.
- Edgar Martinez just told Pete O’Brian to “Eat my shorts,” then proceeded to do the Bartman.
- Someone just asked him to invest in their fledgling Seattle coffee business called “Starbucks” and he thinks the name is funny.
- He’s thinking of a joke he saw last night on Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Don’t look at me like you never made heat boobies.
For more on Vernon Wells, Sr., the Upper Deck artist-in-residence, this is a great read.
We haven't done Topps Griffey card in a while. I feel a Topps post coming soon. Goodnight!