Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Heartbreaking Cards of Staubering Blueness: a Trade Post

Matt, as many of you know, gave us the most powerful blog title on Earth: Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius. The first time I saw it I thought as I clicked the link, “Okay – this is going to be heavy. I must gird my reading loins.” Luckily it turned out to be just another awesome card blog. Phew.

Matt sent me a substantial selection of Vida Blue and Rusty Staub, two PC's of mine most often addressed by vintage card guys like Matt.


Here's Vida's sunset card. The photo is simple and tranquil. This card makes me feel good.


And this fairly recent logoless autographed number showing a much younger and more serious Blue. I like how his D looks like a V and vice-versa. Dive Blue. Anyway, gorgeous autograph card.


Wow - instant rainbow. I haven't done my research, but I assume subset-happy Topps made this card in a lot more crazy colorways and at far more limited numbers. No mind - what a great start!


Matt also included a trio of Rusty Staub base cards - I think I'm pretty close to having them all now.

Thanks for the amazing trade package, Matt! You better believe I've been keeping up with the podcast (in between episodes of Doug Loves Movies, of course)! You guys have a ton of cardboard knowledge. Looking forward to more...

And if you ever want to trade Beach Boys bootlegs, I'm open to that, too!


3 comments:

  1. He's pretty much the first blogger I ever found, and definitely the first guy I ever traded with. So heartbreaking cards will forever hold a place in my blogging heart.

    ReplyDelete