Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Only One Man Would Dare Give Me the Raspberry...



I commissioned the best damn nerd in the blogsphere to create an original sketch of Junior on the back of his Dad's 1989 Topps Traded card. 


I figured it could make for a cool art project, but I lack the artistic ability to make something like this happen.  Plus it always bothered me that Ken didn't get a card in the regular set, and I've always wanted more of Griffey in that swoosh design. So I sent CC my Topps Traded Tiffany Senior card.

Here's what he sent back:


It's a double-sided 1/1 original of the Kid and his Dad! And like it or not, Senior, this is the front from now on. Hell of a job, CC. This one sits in a case with all my best Griffeys.

As if that weren't enough, Lonestarr also threw in these goodies:



A pair of Saints and a brand spankin' new Griffey insert. That Archetypes card was only weeks old when I got it in the mail from CC. He must've busted that pack on mail day. And say what you want about Prizm (I agree with most of it), but this sparkly blue number is something the kids might call hella-sick and totes poppin' fresh. Yes, we have our fingers on the pulse of American youth slang here at The Junior Junkie.

What this all comes down to is that I am way super into that Griffey sketch. Thanks a ton, CC! We should do more of these soon...

5 comments: