Friday, May 16, 2014

Jeff Sends Sparkly Bowman Bits

Bowman cannot stop apologizing for that universally-despised 1989 set, can they?  There have been so many reprints of this set it's gotten ridiculous.  I can't complain, though, because this new one is the sharpest-looking yet.

2014 Bowman 1989 Bowman is Back Silver Diamond Refractor #89BIB-KG

New picture, cool sparkle effect, amazing insert name - this card is in every way a treat.  It was sent by Jeff of 2x3 Heroes.  He's a great card blogger, a regular trade partner, and a wealth of useful cardboard (and, I assume, life) knowledge.  Jeff pulled this beauty and PWE'd it to me no questions asked.  He also had a concern:


This is valid.  I have been eyeing this particular card on eBay, and I've been known to just go buy something rather than wait for it to be gifted to me (I'm terrible about this around Christmas).  Thankfully I hadn't pulled the trigger on it yet.

The back got a nice revamp, too:


Career totals.  Very nice.

So, Bowman, maybe it's time to quit reminding us of that time you tried to render top loaders and nine-pocket pages useless with your horrendous super-tall '89 set.  I mean, come on - you've reinvented yourself, and frankly we've all gotten over it.  You should get over it, too.

But don't stop making Griffeys.  Never that.

Thanks again, Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment