Saturday, December 12, 2015

Best Binder Page Update: My First Change


I’ve been really excited to see everybody’s best binder pages over the past few weeks. I think they offer a fun slice of what each blogger’s collection is all about. There’s been a lot of surprising selections and a lot of not-so-surprising ones from everyone. The whole thing has been a blast.

When I posted my Best Binder Page last month I remarked that…well, here it is: “For example, if I ever got a hold of a Donruss Crusade Purple Griffey, I would most certainly update my page to show it. This thing's not written in stone.”

Well, guess what?


As fate would have it, I was able to land one of the whitest of white whale Griffeys just weeks after writing that sentence. I wasn’t expecting that to happen, but it did. It’s providence. Now an update is in order.

Here’s my new Best Binder Page:


I chose the 1998 E-X2001 Destination Cooperstown insert to be replaced by the Purple Crusade. It was a tough call. They came out the same year and had identical (evidently) print runs; but the Purple Crusade is just such an icon among collectors of 90’s inserts, and it’s the exact one I’ve wanted since I first learned about Crusade. There’s no way it isn’t going on this page. No way.

That’s it - short and sweet today. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. That was a great change out, the Crusade cards are simply some of the coolest cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man.That would be best collecting page for my collection lol. Great stuff. I will admit, I am searching just to own a Crusade now of anyone thanks to you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any interest in trading that destination cooperstown, I have a bunch of rare griffeys I would be willing to trade

    ReplyDelete